Giving back to grow our workforce.
We know the importance of investing in the future of the construction workforce. But we take things one step further. We award a number of scholarships to individuals who demonstrate promise and a desire to be part of building a better future.
Students and/or others working towards a career change, who reside in a county within the Valley District (Augusta, Clarke, Frederick, Highland, Page, Rockingham, Shenandoah, and Warren counties) are encouraged to apply. The application provides the full qualifications for the ideal candidate(s).
The AGCVA Valley District Zachary Fletchall Memorial Construction Scholarships are funded by the AGCVA Valley District. Each scholarship will be $1,000.
1. Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
2. Applicant must be a full-time high school student or full- or part-time student if enrolled in a post-high school institution.
3. It is preferred that applicants live within the counties of the AGCVA Valley District which includes; Augusta, Clarke, Frederick, Highland, Page, Rockingham, Shenandoah, and Warren counties.
4. Applicant must be applying to or currently enrolled in an accredited institution including technical/training centers, community colleges, or colleges/universities.
5. Applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
6. Previous applicants, including previous scholarship recipients, may apply each year.
7. Completed application and all supporting documents must be postmarked by April 8, 2022.
Applicant must submit the following documentation, postmarked by April 8, 2022.
1. The application form.
2. Official high school transcript (appropriately sealed with signature of counselor)
3. Post-high school transcripts
4. Reference letter completed by a member of the applicant's academic community and given to the applicant in a sealed envelope.
Applications will be reviewed by members of the AGCVA Valley District Executive Committee. Recipients will be determined based on academic performance, extracurricular and leadership activities, community involvement, and future plans in the construction industry. If there are no eligible, qualified applicants, the Valley District Executive Committee has the discretion to withhold any award.
Download the application form.
For more information about this scholarship, contact Missy Gupton, AGCVA Senior Events Manager.
Phone: (804) 364-5504 x230 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective: The purpose of these scholarships are to provide financial assistance to qualified and deserving students attending institutions of higher learning.
The M. Scott Bradshaw Memorial Scholarship is funded by the AGCVA Piedmont District as well as private donations from friends and colleagues and will be an amount up to $2,500.00 annually. The Piedmont District Scholarship Committee will determine the actual amount of the scholarships.
1. Applicant must be an immediate family member of a full-time employee of an AGCVA Piedmont District member company and the employee must work in the Piedmont District.
2. Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
3. Applicant must be a full time student.
4. Applicant must be applying or currently enrolled in an accredited two-year or four-year college/university or technical/vocational school.
5. Applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
6. Previous applicants may apply again the following year whether or not they received the scholarship the prior year.
Applicant must submit the following:
1. The application form – click here to download
2. High school or post-secondary school transcript
3. Reference letter completed by a member of the applicant’s academic community
4. Form certifying that an immediate family member is employed by AGCVA Piedmont District member company – click here to download
Evaluation and Selection:
Applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee of the AGCVA Piedmont District Executive Committee and recipients will be determined based on criteria including academic performance, extracurricular and leadership activities, and community involvement. If no eligible, qualified student applies, the Scholarship Committee, with the approval of the Piedmont Executive Committee, has the discretion to award the scholarships to any deserving post-secondary school student.
To download the full packet, including the application, the member certification form, and the information listed above, click here.
Applications for 2021-2022 are due on or before August 6, 2021.
To apply you must be a graduating high school senior or a full-time student enrolled in a construction, engineering or design curriculum at an accredited college or university or be currently enrolled in a construction-related course in a vocational school or career development program. All college or university applicants must be entering school during the next academic year to be eligible.
Applications will be evaluated based on the applicant’s past academic performance, relationship of course study to the engineering, design and construction industry, extracurricular activities, community involvement, work history, and attitude.
The deadline to apply for this award is Friday, November 19 at 5:00 p.m.
For more information contact Rachel Reim, Tidewater District Manager
Phone: 804-364-5504 x231 | Email: email@example.com
For more information click here or call 703.837.5342 – fax 703.837.5451