Goals of the Young Construction Leaders Program
- Create an informed, inquisitive young construction professional.
- Provide a foundation level education in aspects of business management and strategic leadership within the construction industry, and encourage participants to build upon this education by learning more about these functions within their own firm, actively participating in these efforts with the goal of leading them in the future.
- Create a strong understanding of the differences between management and leadership roles within an organization and how to successfully execute in both capacities.
Improve the young professional’s technical capabilities and approach by creating a fuller context of his/her operational role within the organization, and how that role drives the organization’s performance.
- Orient the young professional to the AGCVA and drive advanced participation, ultimately developing the next class of AGCVA leadership, from the ground level. Focus on understanding and participation in efforts including community service, workforce development, and industry advocacy on important legislative issues.
- Inspire a passion for collaboration with interrelated industries on shared issues and challenges, as well as the overall advancement of the construction and development community.
- Business Development
- Finance and Banking
- Risk Management
- Staffing and Employment
- Organizational Structure & Strategic Planning
- Operating Systems & IT Integration
In addition to completing the classes, participants will be encouraged to participate in AGC functions, including:
- Attend at least one state Board of Director Meeting.
- Attend at least two district Board Meetings.
- Attend one District Officers Council Meeting.
- Provide leadership in a district community service project.
- Recruit at least one new member or actively serve on the district’s membership committee.
- Help conduct an educational program for the association (district or state level).
- Participate in a district workforce development activity.
Go to Calendar to search Seminars & Training