CONSTRUCTION SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
AGCVA offers a number of scholarship opportunities and educational programs that address key issues throughout the construction industry.
Valley District Zachary Fletchall Memorial Construction Scholarships
These scholarships are provided by the AGCVA Valley District in memory of Zachary Fletchall (Harman Construction), the president of the Valley District at the time of his death.
Students and/or others working towards a career change, who reside in a county within the Valley District (Augusta, Clarke, Frederick, Highland, Page, Rockingham, Shenandoah, and Warren counties) are encouraged to apply. The application provides the full qualifications for the ideal candidate(s).
The AGCVA Valley District Zachary Fletchall Memorial Construction Scholarships are funded by the AGCVA Valley District. Each annual scholarship will be $1,000.
1. Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
2. Applicant must be a full-time high school student or full- or part-time student if enrolled in a post-high school institution.
3. It is preferred that applicants live within the counties of the AGCVA Valley District which includes; Augusta, Clarke, Frederick, Highland, Page, Rockingham, Shenandoah, and Warren counties.
4. Applicant must be applying to or currently enrolled in an accredited institution including technical/training centers, community colleges, or colleges/universities.
5. Applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
6. Previous applicants, including previous scholarship recipients, may apply each year.
7. Completed application and all supporting documents must be postmarked by April 16, 2021.
Applicant must submit the following documentation, postmarked by April 16, 2021.
- The application form.
2. Official high school transcript (appropriately sealed with signature of counselor)
3. Post-high school transcripts
4. Reference form completed by a member of the applicant’s academic community or other qualified person.
Evaluation and Selection
Applications will be reviewed by members of the AGCVA Valley District Executive Committee. Recipients will be determined based on academic performance, extracurricular and leadership activities, community involvement, and future plans in the construction industry. If there are no eligible, qualified applicants, the Valley District Executive Committee has the discretion to withhold any award.
For more information about this scholarship, contact Missy Gupton, Valley District Manager.
Phone: (434) 987-2704 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Piedmont District M. Scott Bradshaw Memorial Scholarship
Objective – The purpose of these scholarships are to provide financial assistance to qualified and deserving students attending institutions of higher learning.
Funding – The M. Scott Bradshaw Memorial Scholarship is funded by the AGCVA Piedmont District as well as private donations from friends and colleagues and will be an amount up to $2500 annually. The AGCVA Piedmont District Memorial Scholarships are funded by the AGCVA Piedmont District and each will be an amount up to $1500 annually. The Piedmont District Scholarship Committee will determine the actual amount of the scholarships.
1. Applicant must be an immediate family member of a full-time employee of an AGCVA Piedmont District member company and the employee must work in the Piedmont District.
2. Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
3. Applicant must be a full time student.
4. Applicant must be applying or currently enrolled in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university.
5. Applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
6. Previous applicants may apply again the following year whether or not they received the scholarship the prior year.
Applicant must submit the following by the specified deadline:
1. The application form
2. High school or college transcript
3. Reference form completed by a member of the applicant’s academic community
4. Form certifying that an immediate family member is employed by an AGCVA Piedmont District member company.
Evaluation and Selection – Applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee of the AGCVA Piedmont District Executive Committee and recipients will be determined based on criteria including academic performance, extracurricular and leadership activities and community involvement. If no eligible, qualified student applies, the Scholarship Committee, with the approval of the Piedmont Executive Committee, has the discretion to award the scholarships to any deserving college student.
Scholarship Session Completed for 2020
For more information contact Jennifer Gray, Piedmont District Manager
Phone: (757) 675-6418 | Email: email@example.com
Tidewater District Scholarship
Tidewater AGC of Virginia is offering academic scholarships for the purpose of assisting students interested in pursuing a career in engineering, design, construction and related professions. Collective awards may approximate or exceed $5,000.
To apply you must be a member, dependent of a member, an employee of an AGC member firm, or be sponsored by such member. You must be a full-time student enrolled in a construction, engineering or design curriculum at an accredited college or university or be currently enrolled in a construction-related course in a vocational school or career development program. All college or university applicants must be entering school during the next academic year to be eligible.
Applications will be evaluated based on the applicant’s past academic performance, relationship of course study to the engineering, design and construction industry, extracurricular activities, community involvement, work history, and attitude.
2020 Scholarship Session Opens in November
For more information contact Rachel Reim, Tidewater District Manager
Phone: (757) 633-3389 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National AGC Scholarships
The AGC Education and Research Foundation offers undergraduate and graduate level scholarships to students enrolled in ABET or ACCE accredited construction management or construction related engineering programs. Over $8 million in scholarships have been awarded to more than 3,000 students attending colleges and universities across the country. The criteria to apply for undergraduate and graduate scholarships outlines the eligibility to apply.
Outstanding Educator Award
The qualified applicant must be a full–time teaching faculty member of a university construction management or construction–related engineering program or with an institution–approved construction option. Nominees must have at least four years full–time teaching experience.
For more information click here or call 703.837.5342 – fax 703.837.5451
James L. Allhands Student Essay Competition
The James L. Allhands Essay Competition is open to any senior–level student in a four or five–year ABET or ACCE–accredited university construction management or construction–related engineering program.
For more information click here or call 703.837.5342 – fax 703.837.5451.