AGCVA Educational Foundation
AGCVA Educational Foundation is an educational foundation which seeks to support programs and activities throughout the Commonwealth designed to attract and train skilled workers in the construction industry.
AGCVA Educational Foundation will promote careers in Virginia’s construction industry by providing funding and other support for workforce development initiatives, including craft training, career orientation programs and job fairs, mentoring, professional development, Hard Hat Camps, scholarships and other grants, and other activities focused upon the construction industry workforce.
Recent activities include:
- A grant in the amount of $25,000 was awarded to SkillsUSA Virginia in support of the 2022 State Leadership Conference, as well as a continued year-round partnership between the student organization and the AGCVA. Funding has been used for travel scholarships for students moving on to compete at the national level. Funding also supported the organizing of contests held at the Virginia State Fair.
- A grant in the amount of $3,500 was awarded to the AGCVA Valley District to support the 2022 Skills Competition held at the Rockingham County Fair in August. This four-night showcased over 35 students from five different counties competing in electrical, carpentry, masonry, and HVAC contests.
- A grant in the amount of $2,500 provided Eagle Kits for the Eagle Class of 2022 for Central Virginia Eagle Scouts, promoting AGCVA to graduating Eagle Scouts and their families, including more than 10,000 Scouts and volunteers served by the Heart of Virginia Council.
- A hands on, interactive construction program in conjunction with a major construction project at the Science Museum of Virginia;
- Funding for the ACE Program in Charlottesville and Richmond (a mentoring program for high school students interested in careers in Architecture & Construction and Engineering).
AGCVA Educational Foundation also provides funds to keep Build Your Future Virginia (BYF) running. Build Your Future is our workforce development platform that aims to be the catalyst for recruiting the next generation of craft professionals.
BYF creates pathways that bridge the gap between curiosity and career placement. This program equips the industry with the education and resources needed to effectively reach students, educate them about the industry, and promote careers in construction.
In addition, BYF offers countless (free!) resources to help you bring construction’s career opportunities to life.
Your support of AGCVA’s Educational Foundation helps build an early awareness of career paths in the industry, further strengthening construction’s talent pipeline.
Director of Workforce & Training