AGCVA Educational Foundation
AGCVA Educational Foundation is an educational foundation which seeks to support programs and activities throughout the Commonwealth designed to attract and train skilled workers in the construction industry.
AGCVA Educational Foundation will promote careers in Virginia’s construction industry by providing funding and other support for workforce development initiatives, including craft training, career orientation programs and job fairs, mentoring, professional development, Hard Hat Camps, scholarships and other grants, and other activities focused upon the construction industry workforce.
Recent activities include:
- Grants to students seeking careers in construction;
- Annual State Fair Carpentry Contest for high school students;
- A hands on, interactive construction program in conjunction with a major construction project at the Science Museum of Virginia;
- A skills competition for electrical, carpentry, HVAC and students in the Shenandoah Valley
- Funding for the ACE Program in Charlottesville and Richmond (a mentoring program for high school students interested in careers in Architecture & Construction and Engineering).
Workforce Solutions Manager