AGCVA SAFETY TASKFORCE FRAMEWORK
OUR MISSION IS TO ENHANCE THE QUALITY OF SAFETY LEADERSHIP IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY BY INSTILLING KNOWLEDGE, LEVERAGING EXPERIENCE, PROMOTING AWARENESS, AND DRIVING INNOVATION FOR A SAFER VIRGINIA.
Interested? Contact Courtney Baker
The Safety Taskforce is led by Safety Directors and various industry experts. It is steered by a Chairperson and supported by an AGCVA Staff Liaison. Meetings are held six times a year via teleconference and/or in-person meetings at AGCVA conferences. Online forum resources and meetings are open and available to all AGCVA members in good standing.
1) To promote and maintain the interest of construction companies in health and safety issues.
2) To provide an opportunity for free discussion of health and safety problems and possible solutions.
3) To inform and educate AGCVA members about health and safety issues, new standards, research findings for the prevention of workplace accidents.
4) To help insure compliance with federal and state health and safety standards
5) To help reduce the risk of workplace injuries and illnesses.
6) To build a repository of health and safety resources made available to AGCVA members
• Chairperson: Leads meetings and provides focus and content to the group. Serves for minimum of 1 year.
• Staff Liaison: Coordinates logistics of meetings (video conferencing, meeting invites, minutes, etc.) and compiles resources for online forum and distribution
• Coalition Participants: Actively participates in meetings, brings relevant topics and resources to the group, contributes resources and articles to share with AGCVA membership
The Taskforce is open to all AGCVA member and will be driven by a Chairperson and Safety Directors within AGCVA membership. Responsibility for serving is as follows:
• Attend and actively contribute to meetings
• Review and/or contribute content to an online Safety Forum
• Be available to share and report in respective AGCVA districts