JOBSITE & OFFICE DISINFECTING
- OSHA will enforce recordkeeping requirements for coronavirus illnesses for all employers. Employers must put forth an effort to ascertain whether a case of coronavirus is work-related.
- OSHA acknowledges that it remains difficult to determine work-relatedness with potential exposure outside of the workplace.
- The President signed an executive order for “good faith” companies compelled to comply during this fluid and dynamic crisis.
Mental Health and Emotional Safety Awareness
It is a hard truth to accept, but construction is one of the leading industries associated with suicide and depression. We were joined by Eric Kieselbach, a licensed mental health professional to walk us through available resources and response plans for construction companies.
- Connect with Eric Kieselbach for more information on available Employee Assistance Programs (EAP): firstname.lastname@example.org & www.shepherdcare.us
- CDC Suicide Prevention Resource: https://www.osha.gov/preventingsuicides/ & https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/stress/suicide.html
- Construction Working Minds: https://www.constructionworkingminds.org/
- Surviving the Stresses of Life Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGrVqI2Yfck&t=1s
- We Kept America Building Video:
Safety and Health Codes Board Meeting
October 2020. The Safety and Health Codes Board held a meeting with public comment on the possibility of adopting the Emergency Temporary Standards as permanent standards. AGCVA sent a letter on behalf of members opposing this adoption. A decision from the board is still pending.
- Public Comment Meeting Recording:
What to do if there is an exposure/illness?
- Follow CDC’s Contact Tracing Guidance
- Disinfect the facility: Ensure disinfectant is on EPA’s List of Approved Disinfectants.
- Ensure the Local Health Department (Virginia Call Centers) has been contacted
- CDC Guidance advises how critical infrastructure workers may keep working following potential exposure to COVID-19, provided they remain asymptomatic and follow additional precautions.